Staff Engagement Wins Top Award
The company’s core support functions needed to improve standards of delivery for internal customers, with relatively low staff engagement identified as a key constraint.
To improve engagement amongst the members of the Finance, HR and IT teams.
- A project team was set up to understand and address the situation
- An action plan was created to resolve the critical issues causing low levels of engagement
- There was a firm commitment to deliver what the internal customer wanted – not just what the support functions believed should be delivered (including SLAs where appropriate)
- The introduction of a business partnering approach enabled a much better understanding of other functions’ needs, and improved communication between support functions and delivery functions
- There was a strong sense of pride in service delivery
- Absenteeism reduced
- Internal customer satisfaction increased
- The support functions achieved Best Companies’ maximum (Three Star*) ratings in three of the next four years, with highest engagement scores in the company across that period
*A 3 Star accreditation is Best Companies’ highest standard of workplace engagement, representing organisations that truly excel and achieve ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement